Monday, February 9, 2015

Let's All Get Drenched Together Thanks to this Ed Sheeran/Sam Smith Mash-up




So these two guys just shut down my life I think. Gossebumps City from these cats holy hell. Two scorching hot white people jams rolled into one? Show a girl, show your friends so they can show girls, whatever it takes. I don't know much, damn near close to nothing, but I do know that this is a swooning, crooning storm of vulnerability that is an off the charts first step in getting laid. Almost cheating, really. November babies for days.

In all seriousness though, "Thinking Out Loud" is my favorite song to come out in as long as I can think back. Instant classic. Instant wedding song consideration, and if you say otherwise you're trying too hard to disassociate yourself from "mainstream culture" whatever the fuck that is.

Guess what? Good things get popular for a reason.

Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of absolute TRASH on the radio, on the internet, being shared in your group chats, but occasionally legitimate greatness can break through and that's the realm where I think "Thinking Out Loud" falls.

Ed Sheeran is a solid artist, seems like a cool guy who probably plows chicks way better looking than him on mattresses stuffed with both Euros and Dollar bills, and this is his finest work BAR NONE. If I were him I'd hang it up now, he's not topping this song. This Sam Tsui fella did a pretty good job with it too, nowhere close to the original but a solid job nonetheless.

I'd be doing a poor job if I failed to mention how the other guy, Casey Breves, absolutely DEMOLISHES Sam Smith on his own song. Blood and guts everywhere. And I like Sam Smith, do your thing man. Four Grammy's last night, seems like a nice, humble guy and he's the unquestioned king of the gay world at the moment. Life was pretty sweet for Sam Smith in my head before I heard this rendition. Sucks it had to end so abruptly like this.

This Casey Breves guy can fucking belt, huh? Pipes. Just a remarkable talent. Pumped to look back on this post when both of these guys are famous and say I had it first.

No comments:

Post a Comment